Betula utilis 'Longtrunk'
(Weeping Himalayan Birch) An uncommon weeping selection, Betula utilis 'Longtrunk' has lovely peeling white bark and gracefully arching branches which reach the ground when established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An uncommon weeping selection, Betula utilis 'Longtrunk' has lovely peeling white bark and gracefully arching branches which reach the ground when established. It has a fairly stiff weeping habit and benefits from being grown up a long cane to the required height in the first few years.
Once the supporting cane is removed Betula utilis 'Longtrunk' will weep from that height, making it suitable for smaller gardens as the height can be easily controlled.
It is particularly beautiful when grown next to and allowed to overhang ponds or streams.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate
- Habit: Betula utilis 'Longtrunk' grows to be a small weeping tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft) - or until the supporting cane is removed.
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: For best effect, the bark should be scrubbed gently with a hand brush and water once a year. This removes any green algae or grime and helps to restore the colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Habit - Weeping
You might also like