Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill'
(Ermans Birch) Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill' is a fantastic medium sized, branching tree with excellent yellow autumn colour and superb peeling, creamy-white bark.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
One of the loveliest of all birch trees, Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill' has fantastic peeling, creamy-white bark and chestnut coloured, elongated lenticels. The small heart-shaped leaves are pale green and turn exciting shades of butter yellow in autumn before falling.
Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill' is a rare tree with some of the best peeling winter bark around once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, slender, branching and often multi-stemmed tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: Please bear in mind that the bark of Betula ermanii 'Grayswood Hill' can take up to four or five years to colour up fully at the base of the tree. Well worth the wait but therefore a better choice of tree for patient gardeners who are happy to watch it develop.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £19.95