Betula albosinensis 'Fascination'
(Chinese Red Birch) Lovely, medium sized tree with dark chestnut-red bark when young which slowly peels to reveal a creamy pink and then white trunk.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Lovely, medium sized tree with dark chestnut-red bark when young which slowly peels to reveal a creamy pink and then white trunk. A specimen of Betula albosinensis 'Fascination' in our garden also has an excellent display of long catkins in spring and handsome golden yellow autumn colour.
The colourful bark can take a number of years to appear but is well worth the wait!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Fascination' grows to be an elegant medium sized tree.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like