Bergenia 'Dark Damsel'
(Elephants Ears) New to us, Bergenia 'Dark Damsel' is a clump forming, evergreen perennial with very dark purplish-green, leathery leaves turning plum coloured in the winter.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Bergenia 'Dark Damsel' is a clump forming, evergreen perennial with very dark purplish-green, leathery leaves turning plum coloured in the winter. Vivid pink flowers in spring on stems above the foliage.
Best display of foliage colour and flowers will usually be seen if planted in a sunny, well drained position.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Bergenia 'Dark Damsel' grows to be a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 40 - 50 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Autumn Colour, Foliage - Purple/Red