Berberis thunbergii 'Harlequin'
(Barberry) A small or eventually medium sized shrub, Berberis thunbergii 'Harlequin' has dark purple mature leaves and young foliage marbled with pink and white variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A small or eventually medium sized shrub, Berberis thunbergii 'Harlequin' has dark purple mature leaves and young foliage marbled with pink and white variegation. Established plants have small yellow flowers in late spring/early summer followed by small, shiny red berries later in the year.
Berberis thunbergii 'Harlequin' will have its best display of foliage colour if planted in a position with sun or partial shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow (particularly when young) to moderate.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Harlequin' grows to be a small to medium sized.
- Height: 1.2 - 1.4 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also likeNew Price Each £12.95New Price Each £18.50New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £18.50New Price Each £25.00