Berberis thunbergii 'Coral'
(Dwarf Barberry) New to us, Berberis 'Coral' is a slow growing, dwarf shrub with vivid red summer leaves edged with a slender golden ring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
New to us, Berberis 'Coral' is a slow growing, dwarf shrub with vivid red summer leaves edged with a slender golden ring. Young leaves in spring have a particularly strong colour. Established plant have a bushy, rounded habit.
Best foliage colour will be seen if planted in a sunny position. Will grow well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Coral' grows to be a compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like