Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea'
(Barberry) One of the most delightful small foliage plants, Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea' is a small, compact shrub with glorious golden yellow leaves which show strong red tints in a good autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
One of the most delightful small foliage plants, Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea' is a small, compact shrub with glorious golden yellow leaves which show strong red tints in a good autumn before falling.
It is worth bearing in mind that the leaves need sun light to colour properly but can sometimes be burnt in too hot a position and is therefore usually best planted in partial shade in a hot garden. A great plant for smaller gardens or containers which can really brighten up otherwise dark areas.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea' grows to be a compact, small, dome-shaped, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: Gentle pruning to shape in early spring will cause Berberis thunbergii 'Aurea' to become more bushy still.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
You might also like