Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow'
(Barberry) An eye-catching shrub which has young leaves that are purple as they emerge and within a few weeks begin to show pleasing swirls of pink and cream variegation.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An eye-catching shrub which has young leaves that are purple as they emerge and within a few weeks begin to show pleasing swirls of pink and cream variegation. This colourful variegation lasts all summer.
In the autumn the leaves turn shades of glowing-red before falling. The best foliar effects are enhanced by occasional judicious pruning! Pale yellow flowers in spring are followed by small, shiny red fruit later in the year.
Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' grows to be a colourful, low maintenance foliage plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A medium sized, spreading shrub with arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Prune Berberis thunbergii 'Rose Glow' to shape in late autumn or winter if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
You might also like