(Warty Barberry) A slow growing, compact evergreen shrub, Berberis verruculosa is native to China and has small dark green glossy leaves and golden-yellow flowers in spring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A slow growing, compact evergreen shrub, Berberis verruculosa is native to China and has small dark green glossy leaves and golden-yellow flowers in spring. The green leaves have a white underside and established plants have interesting 'warty stems' giving rise to its common name (much more handsome than it sounds).
Berberis verruculosa is an unusual and reliable evergreen shrub.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Most well drained, fertile soil. Berberis verruculosa does not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Berberis verruculosa grows to be a compact small or medium sized shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like