(Barberry) A desirable species, Berberis gagnepainii is an evergreen shrub with ornamental, lanceolate (lance-shaped), dark green leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A desirable species, Berberis gagnepainii is an evergreen shrub with ornamental, lanceolate (lance-shaped), dark green leaves. Clusters of bright yellow flower appear on the branches in late spring, followed by black berries covered with a blue bloom in warm summers.
Once established, Berberis gagnepainii is a neat and attractive garden shrub suited for sun or shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Berberis gagnepainii grows to be a compact, medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like