Aucuba japonica 'February Star'
(Variegated Aucuba) A shade loving evergreen shrub, Aucuba 'February Star' has dark green leaves covered with spots & variable patches of creamy-yellow variegation and an impressive display of red berries in February.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A shade loving evergreen shrub, Aucuba 'February Star' has dark green leaves covered with spots & variable patches of creamy-yellow variegation and an impressive display of red berries in February.
Aucuba japonica 'February Star' is an excellent plant for winter interest and suitable for gardens of most sizes. Very good for bringing a little colour to a heavily shaded spot.
- Position: Full sun or shade. Will tolerate heavy shade well, although the leaf variegation may not be so colourful.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Aucuba japonica 'February Star' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Aucuba japonica 'February Star' is a female plant and tolerant of atmospheric pollution, making it a good choice of shrub for an urban gardens. Will produce a better display of fruit with a male plant nearby.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Variegated, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge