Arum italicum 'Pictum'
(Italian Lords and Ladies) Arum italicum 'Pictum' is a fascinating perennial with lush green arrow-shaped leaves and creamy white veins that are handsome throughout the winter months.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Arum italicum 'Pictum' is a fascinating perennial with lush green arrow-shaped leaves and creamy white veins that are handsome throughout the winter months. This is the true form propagated from divisions rather than by seed.
This plant is unusual in that the leaves generally emerge in autumn or early winter and last through to early summer before dying back each year.
Established plants produce a column of vibrant orange-red berries in autumn (usually as or slightly after the leaves die down). Excellent clump-forming ground cover plant in sun or shade.
(Please be aware that as mentioned above, due to the unusual life-cycle of this plant if you order one of these plants in mid-late summer or early autumn, the leaves will have died off and not be present until autumn or winter.)
- Position: Sun or shade
- Soil: Most fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Arum italicum 'Pictum' is a dense, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: The berries of Arum italicum 'Pictum' are POISONOUS and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Foliage - Variegated, Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers