Aronia prunifolia 'Viking'
(Chokeberry) A deciduous shrub, Aronia prunifolia 'Viking' has oval, shiny green leaves that turn a superb rich-orange and deep-red in autumn. In spring it produces has small spikes of white, hawthorn-like flowers.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A deciduous shrub, Aronia prunifolia 'Viking' has oval, shiny green leaves that turn a superb rich-orange and deep-red in autumn. In spring it produces has small spikes of white, hawthorn-like flowers. These flowers are followed in autumn by clusters of purple/black fruit that are edible and similar in appearance to blackcurrants, with a high vitamin C content.
A hardy, reliable and unusual garden plant with lots of interest through the year. Aronia prunifolia 'Viking' can also be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Aronia prunifolia 'Viking' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Autumn Colour, Wildlife Friendly - Birds