Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind'
(Japanese Anemone) Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind' is a spectacular perennial with large semi-double white flowers with ruffled petals and a yellow centre.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind' is a spectacular perennial with large semi-double white flowers with ruffled petals and a yellow centre. These flowers stand out well against the dark green summer leaves.
Generally flowers best in a sunny position or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Ideally moist but well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - late September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind' grows to be a medium sized clump forming perennial.
- Height: 100 cm (approx 3 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (up to 2 ft)
- Notes: Avoid planting Anemone x hybrida 'Whirlwind' in areas which can be very wet over winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November)
- On sale!
- On sale!