Amelanchier rotundifolia 'Helvetica'
(Dwarf Amelanchier) An unusual dwarf shrub, Amelanchier rotundifolia 'Helvetica' is much smaller than the other Amelanchier listed here with a compact, branching habit.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual dwarf shrub, Amelanchier rotundifolia 'Helvetica' is much smaller than the other Amelanchier listed here with a compact, branching habit. It has masses of attractive white flowers in Spring once established and the dark green summer leaves turn pretty shades of orange, bronze and red before falling in autumn.
The small end size makes this Amelanchier a good choice for growing in gardens with limited space and it can also be kept in a large container (if well watered and potted up from time to time). Obviously as a dwarf selection, this is slow growing and not for instant gratification.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, neutral or acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Amelanchier rotundifolia 'Helvetica' grows to be a small, compact, branching shrub..
- Height: up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot, Rare and Unusual, Autumn Colour