Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill'
(Snowy Mespilus) Known as a superb and reliable small garden tree with year round interest, Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' has clusters of pink buds which open into pretty pale pink flowers in spring.
Please be aware that the plants currently available are branching and will develop into vase-shaped large shrubs or eventually small, multi-stemmed trees.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Known as a superb and reliable small garden tree with year round interest, Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' has clusters of pink buds which open into pretty pale pink flowers in spring. These flowers then fade to white before falling and on an established tree are followed by edible berries in June - August.
The young leaves are an attractive bronze colour when they first emerge, darkening to a lush green in late spring and summer. In the autumn they turning vivid shades or orange / deep-red before falling.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. This plant will have more intense autumn colour when planted in slightly acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' grows to be a small tree with a dense, upright crown.
- Height: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: This tree is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year. Also, this is a slightly more vigorous tree than the other Amelanchier listed on our website.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Windy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring