Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill'
(Snowy mespilus) Known as a superb and reliable small garden tree with year round interest, Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' has clusters of pink buds which open into pretty pale pink flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Known as a superb and reliable small garden tree with year round interest, Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' has clusters of pink buds which open into pretty pale pink flowers in spring. These flowers then fade to white before falling and on an established tree are followed by edible berries in June - August.
The young leaves are an attractive bronze colour when they first emerge, darkening to a lush green in late spring and summer. In the autumn they turning vivid shades or orange / deep-red before falling.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. This plant will have more intense autumn colour when planted in slightly acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Robin Hill' grows to be a small tree with a dense, upright crown.
- Height: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: This tree is very ornamental and gives interest from spring until autumn each year. Also, this is a slightly more vigorous tree than the other Amelanchier listed on our website.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like