Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar'
(Columnar Snowy Mespilus) Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar' is a superb small flowering tree with a distinctive narrow habit and vivid autumn colour.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A small flowering tree with a distinctive and reasonably upright habit, Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar' is a fabulous new introduction from Ohio in the United States.
Clusters of pretty white flowers adorn the branches in spring and the green leaves turn a brilliant red, orange and yellow in autumn before falling, giving the tree briefly the appearance of a 'rainbow', hence its name. A beautiful standalone tree with a narrow habit which is ideal for smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar' will tolerate chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar' grows to be a small narrow, upright tree - very slender when young, branching out a little more once more mature.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: This tree is also known as Amelanchier canadensis 'Glenn Form'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Flowers in Spring