Amelanchier 'Princess Diana'
(Snowy Mespilus) Amelanchier 'Princess Diana' is a splendid Amelanchier with numerous clusters of pretty, white flowers in spring, followed by attractive, edible, purplish-blue fruit in summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
This is a splendid Amelanchier with numerous clusters of pretty, white flowers in spring, followed by attractive, edible, purplish-blue fruit in summer.
Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' seems particularly resistant to leaf spot and has superb orange and red autumn colour once established. It is an excellent small tree with year round interest and also encourages wildlife.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Princess Diana' grows to be a small branching tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring, Wildlife Friendly - Birds