(Snowy Mespilus) A popular garden tree, Amelanchier lamarckii has masses of star-shaped white flowering in spring and coppery coloured young leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A popular garden tree, Amelanchier lamarckii has masses of star-shaped white flowering in spring and coppery coloured young leaves. Small black fruit follow the flowers and can be seen on the branches in the summertime. In autumn the leaves can turn vivid shades of red or orange before falling.
Amelanchier lamarckii is a branching, small garden tree which is generally considered to be easy to grow and suitable for most areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, neutral or acid soil. Amelanchier lamarckii will have more intense autumn colour when planted in acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier lamarckii grows to be a large shrub or small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like