- Sold Out
(Snowy Mespilus) A popular garden tree, Amelanchier lamarckii has masses of star-shaped white flowering in spring and coppery coloured young leaves.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A popular garden tree, Amelanchier lamarckii has masses of star-shaped white flowering in spring and coppery coloured young leaves. Small black fruit follow the flowers and can be seen on the branches in the summertime. In autumn the leaves can turn vivid shades of red or orange before falling.
Amelanchier lamarckii is a branching, small garden tree which is generally considered to be easy to grow and suitable for most areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, neutral or acid soil. Amelanchier lamarckii will have more intense autumn colour when planted in acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Amelanchier lamarckii grows to be a large shrub or small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Wildlife Friendly - Birds, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!
- On sale!