Alnus glutinosa 'Aurea'
(Golden Alder) The soft-yellow foliage of this surprisingly rare and slender tree becomes richer in colour as summer progresses with attractive yellow catkins in March.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
The soft-yellow foliage of this surprisingly rare and slender tree becomes richer in colour as summer progresses with attractive yellow catkins in March. Alnus glutinosa 'Aurea' is happiest in wet situations where most other choice plants fail.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Will tolerate wet conditions
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Alnus glutinosa 'Aurea' will grow to be a small conical tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Notes: The leaves of this tree will turn a stronger more vivid shade of golden-yellow if it is planted in a sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Catkins, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like