Alnus x spaethii
(Alder) An unusual and vigorous slender tree, Alnus x spaethii has narrow, dark green leaves and superb displays of long, creamy coloured catkins in late winter.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An unusual and vigorous slender tree, Alnus x spaethii has narrow, dark green leaves and superb displays of long, creamy coloured catkins in late winter. A very architectural tree once established and the masses of catkins make this a fine choice for winter interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Will tolerate wet conditions
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Alnus x spaethii grows to be a medium sized, conical tree.
- Height: up to 18 m (60 ft)
- Spread: 12 m (40 ft)
- Notes: This plant is a hybrid between Alnus japonica and Alnus subcordata and is generally considered a good choice tree for tough, difficult sites.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
You might also like