Alnus incana 'Aurea'
(Golden Alder) A handsome and hardy, deciduous small or eventually medium sized tree with golden-green leaves and superb yellowish-red tinted catkins in early spring. Tolerant of wind and wet soil conditions.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A hardy small tree, Alnus incana 'Aurea' has golden leaves and superb yellowish-red tinted catkins in early spring. The leaves are a warm golden-green in summer and once the leaves have fallen in autumn, yellowish-orange bare shoots become visible in winter.
An invaluable tree for year round interest, especially for difficult damp situations.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Will tolerate wet conditions but avoid areas prone to flooding.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Alnus incana 'Aurea' will grow to be a small conical tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: The leaves of this tree will turn a stronger more vivid shade of golden-yellow if it is planted in a sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Catkins, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Rare and Unusual