- On sale!
(Scarlet Buckeye) Aesculus pavia is a handsome shrub or eventually small tree native to parts of the Southern USA with eye-catching panicles of crimson flowers in early summer once established.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Aesculus pavia is a handsome shrub or eventually small tree native to parts of the Southern USA with eye-catching panicles of crimson flowers in early summer once established. The leaves have five leaflets and are bronze-green when they emerge in spring, turning glossy green in summer with orange or golden yellow autumn colour.
A superb garden plant with best display of flowers when planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large shrub or eventually very small, rounded tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
- On sale!