Aesculus x neglecta 'Autumn Fire'
(Yellow Horse chestnut) A small tree native to the SE United States, Aesculus x neglecta 'Autumn Fire' has leaves which are a coppery colour in spring turning dark green later and glowing red-orange in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A small tree native to the SE United States, Aesculus x neglecta 'Autumn Fire' has leaves which are a coppery colour in spring turning dark green later and glowing red-orange in autumn. Upright spikes of creamy-yellow flowers appear on the branches in late spring.
Aesculus x neglecta 'Autumn Fire' grows to be an eye-catching garden with excellent autumn colour tree, however it can be slow growing when young and so is not for instant gratification.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow or moderate.
- Habit: A small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)