(Wirewood) A handsome evergreen plant native to parts of Tasmania, Acradenia frankliniae has glossy dark green, slightly serrated leaves clusters of pretty white flowers in late spring.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome evergreen plant native to parts of Tasmania, Acradenia frankliniae has glossy dark green, slightly serrated leaves clusters of pretty white flowers in late spring. These flowers stand out well against the dark green foliage.
An unusual medium sized garden shrub, Acradenia frankliniae has grown well in our woodland gardens for many years and is generally hardy if sheltered from strong winds. It can also be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. This plant dislikes soil prone to drying out.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Acradenia frankliniae requires protection from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acradenia frankliniae grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, branching shrub.
- Height: Eventually up to 2 - 3 m (6 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)