(Trident Maple) Native to eastern China, Acer buergerianum has glossy green, 3-lobed leaves leaves which can turn brilliant shades of pink, yellow, orange and red in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to eastern China, Acer buergerianum has glossy green, 3-lobed leaves leaves which can turn brilliant shades of pink, yellow, orange and red in autumn before falling. A handsome tree, this makes an excellent choice for planting in a garden or as a street tree due to its tolerance of air pollution and dry soil conditions.
Acer buergerianum is also often used for Bonsai as it responds very well to pruning.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. Acer buergerianum is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized, branching, spreading tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 5 m (16 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: Acer buergerianum is tolerant of pollution and dry conditions, making it a good ornamental tree for urban areas or street planting.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large