Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki'
Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is one of our favourite maples and grows to be a large shrub or small tree eventually with some of the best bright red and orange autumn colour.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Japanese Maple) One of the best Japanese maples for autumn colour, Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is an elegant plant with leaves which turn glorious shades of bright scarlet in the autumn. The leaves are lush and dark green from spring to early autumn.
A superb large garden shrub or small tree for leaf colour in October. Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is ideal for border planting and will also grow well in a large pot or container for many years.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' will grow to be a large shrub or small branching tree in time with a rounded habit.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
You might also like