Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is one of our favourite maples and grows to be a large shrub or small tree eventually with green summer leaves turning some of the best shades of bright red and orange of any maple in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
One of the best Japanese maples for autumn colour, Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is an elegant plant with leaves which turn glorious shades of bright scarlet in the autumn. The leaves are lush and dark green from spring to early autumn.
A superb large garden shrub or small tree for leaf colour in October. Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' is ideal for border planting and will also grow well in a large pot or container for many years.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki' will grow to be a large shrub or small branching tree in time with a rounded habit.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot