Trees & Shrubs
Gift IdeasBetula utilis 'Doorenbos' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 125 - 150 cm tall)£32.00Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£38.00Deutzia x hybrida... Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£16.95Cornus kousa 'China Girl' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£35.00
Gift IdeasCornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£40.00Polystichum yunnanense Supplied Size-2L pot£13.95Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 20 - 30 cm tall)£16.95Verbena 'Lollipop'£0.00
Gift IdeasStyrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' Supplied Size-4L pot (3 - 4 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£55.00Hosta 'August Moon' Supplied Size-3L pot£13.25 £13.95 -5%
Magnolia 'Joli Pompom' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 30 - 40 cm tall)£38.00Carex comans 'Amazon Mist' Supplied Size-3L pot£13.95
- On sale!
Acer palmatum 'Viridis'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Viridis' is a slow growing, mound forming Japanese maple with arching branches and deeply cut green summer leaves which turn golden-yellow, orange and red in autumn.
Free standard delivery for orders over £85*
*Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
Add a gift card & message to your order
Ideal for a small garden, this graceful maple has a mound-like habit and deeply cut leaves which colour brilliantly to gold or red in the autumn before falling.
Low growing with weeping branches, Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' is most effective when planted as part of a low border or allowed to grow on rockeries, or over low walls. A superb Acer for growing in a large tub or container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum var dissectum 'Viridis' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized shrub with a mound-like habit.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft) / up to 1 m (3 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) / up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: Please bear in mind that this slow growing Acer is not an instant specimen plant and will take at least several years (after planting/potting on) to grow and fill out into the distinctive rounded, mound-like habit.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Suitable for Containers
Acer palmatum 'Garnet'
Acer palmatum 'Osakazuki'
Acer palmatum 'Seiryu'
Euonymus alatus 'Compactus'
Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
Liquidambar styraciflua 'Festival'
Acer palmatum 'Lucky Star'
Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum'
Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium'
Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Mariesii Perfecta'
Deutzia gracilis 'Nikko'
- On sale!
- On sale!