Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium'
(Cut-leaved Japanese Maple) Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium' is a gorgeous maple with superb autumn colour, called 'Maiku-jaku' in its native Japan, which translates as "Dancing Peacock".
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A gorgeous maple with superb autumn colour, called 'Maiku-jaku' in its native Japan, which translates as "Dancing Peacock". Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium' has bright green leaves which are nearly fern-like and very deeply cut. In autumn these leaves turn superb shades of orange and red before falling.
Clusters of distinctive, small, coral-red flowers which are popular with insects can also be seen in spring on mature plants. Lovely maple good in partial shade and ideal for adding vivid autumn colour to a garden border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil. Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium' will produce stronger autumn colours in a slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer japonicum 'Aconitifolium' will grow to be a medium sized or eventually large, rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) / up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
- On sale!