- Sold Out
Acer palmatum 'Aureum'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Aureum' is a tall and densely branched, vase-shaped shrub with unusual butter-yellow young growth if in a warm, sunny position.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A tall and densely branched, vase-shaped shrub, Acer palmatum 'Aureum' has unusual butter-yellow young growth if in a warm, sunny position. The leaves turn to a darker yet still attractive, golden-green as they age later in summer and then turn colourful shades of yellow, orange or red before falling in autumn.
Acer palmatum 'Aureum' is an excellent foliage plant for a position in sun or light, dappled shade. Although though it will grow in reasonably heavy shade, the leaves will be a much darker green in colour.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Aureum' grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually a very small tree.
- Height: up to 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!