Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix'
(Snakebark Maple) Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix' is a rare small tree with eye-catching leaves and beautiful, vivid red and orange winter bark covered with fine silver lines.
This plant is currently unavailable and we sadly do not have any more in the pipeline for the near future. It will be a long wait but please enter your email address below if you are interested in this plant once back in stock.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare and tricky to propagate maple with colourful, striped bark which is a hybrid between the American Acer pensylvanicum and the Chinese Acer davidii. Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix' has large, cool green leaves in the summer months which turn to a fantastic, fine gold colour in autumn.
The bark is a faint green/yellow in the summer and brightens to a vivid pink, yellow and orange with silver snake-like lines in winter.
Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix' is an outstanding plant with year round interest which deserves pride of place in nearly any garden!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow initially then moderate.
- Habit: Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix' grows to be a large branching shrub or eventually, a small multi-stemmed tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual, Ornamental Bark