Acer palmatum 'Fireglow'
(Japanese Maple) Acer palmatum 'Fireglow' is a desirable Japanese maple with superb deep purple-red leaves which keep their colour well, even in the hottest summers.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A desirable Japanese maple with superb deep purple-red leaves which keep their colour well, even in the hottest summers. This cultivar is similar to Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood', but differs slightly in that the leaves have a more reddish hue to them. In a good, crisp autumn the leaves turn scarlet red before falling.
Acer palmatum ''Fireglow' is a colourful garden plant, excellent in a border and suitable for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum ''Fireglow' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium to large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m
- Spread: 3 m
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like