Acer rubrum 'Brandywine'
(Canadian Maple) A spectacular tree, Acer rubrum 'Brandywine' is a hardy and vigorous tree with leaves that turn shades of vivid purple / red in autumn before falling.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A spectacular tree, Acer rubrum 'Brandywine' is a hardy and vigorous tree with leaves that turn shades of vivid purple / red in autumn before falling. This autumn colour can last for several weeks in good weather!
Acer rubrum 'Brandywine' is an unusual and handsome garden tree with autumn colour which is generally darker red then the also sensational Acer rubrum 'October Glory' .
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour will be more intense in more acidic soils!
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer rubrum 'Brandywine' appreciates shelter from severe wind as this will mean that the fantastic autumn colour will last longer on the tree..
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Acer rubrum 'Brandywine' grows to be a medium sized, branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: eventually up to 15 m (50 ft) / or up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) after 10 years
- 10 m (32 ft) / or up to 5 m (16 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: This tree is a cross between Acer rubrum 'October Glory' and Acer rubrum 'Autumn Flame'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like