(Fraser Fir) Abies fraseri is a medium sized, slender evergreen conifer with small needles which are dark green on top with two silver lines on the underside.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Abies fraseri is a medium sized, slender evergreen conifer with small needles which are dark green on top with two silver lines on the underside. Can be grown as a Christmas tree if required. Established plants develop small cones, purple when young which turn bronze-brown as the age.
Best habit once established usually in a sunny position with well drained soil. Avoid planting in wet, waterlogged areas or in very exposed windy positions.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most well drained, fertile soils. Avoid waterlogged soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Abies fraseri grows to be a medium sized, conical tree
- Height: up to 12 - 15 m (40 - 50 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Habit - Narrow