Abies procera 'Glauca'
(Blue Noble Fir) One of the most colourful and stately of all conifers, Abies procera 'Glauca' will produce eye-catching, upright, large (up to 25 cm long), steel-blue cones which turn bronze/brown as they age.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
One of the most colourful and stately of all conifers, Abies procera 'Glauca' will produce eye-catching, upright, large (up to 25 cm long), steel-blue cones which turn bronze/brown as they age. As a young plant this is usually grown for the lovely blue foliage and cones.
Mature specimens will in many years time also have splendid trunks and an elegant, slender habit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Usually very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Abies procera 'Glauca' grows to be a large tree with a pyramidal, upright habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Notes: Abies procera 'Glauca' is initially very slow growing and they are available as a young, small plants. After one or two years, once established, it starts to grow at a more vigorous rate.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like