Abies procera 'Glauca'
(Blue Noble Fir) One of the most colourful and stately of all conifers, Abies procera 'Glauca' will produce eye-catching, upright, large (up to 25 cm long), steel-blue cones which turn bronze/brown as they age.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
One of the most colourful and stately of all conifers, Abies procera 'Glauca' will produce eye-catching, upright, large (up to 25 cm long), steel-blue cones which turn bronze/brown as they age. As a young plant this is usually grown for the lovely blue foliage and cones.
Mature specimens will in many years time also have splendid trunks and an elegant, slender habit.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Usually very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Abies procera 'Glauca' grows to be a large tree with a pyramidal, upright habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Notes: Abies procera 'Glauca' is initially very slow growing and they are available as a young, small plants. After one or two years, once established, it starts to grow at a more vigorous rate.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like