Abies veitchii 'Pendula'
(Weeping Veitch's Fir) Abies veitchii 'Pendula' is an unusual evergreen conifer native to japan whch gradually develops a handsome upright habit with cascading, pendulous side braches.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
Abies veitchii 'Pendula' is an unusual evergreen conifer native to Japan whch gradually develops a handsome upright habit with cascading, pendulous side braches.The needles are dark green in colour with an attractive silvery underside.
Ideally support the leading shoot whilst young for best shape once established. Best in full sun with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Abies veitchii 'Pendula' grows to be a small, weeping tree in many years.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual