(Nordmann Fir) A handsome and tall evergreen, columnar tree with attractive dark green needles and dramatic sweeping branches once established.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A handsome and tall evergreen, columnar tree with attractive dark green needles and dramatic sweeping branches once established. Abies nordmanniana is a vigorous plant, this is often used as a Christmas tree as it can retain the needles for a long time after being cut. Excellent in large gardens or woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate initially then vigorous.
- Habit: Abies nordmanniana eventually grows to be a large tree with a columnar, upright habit.
- Height: 30 m+ (98 ft+).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Narrow
You might also like