Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason'
Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is an attractive medium sized, semi evergreen shrub with handsome golden yellow young leaves and pale pink flowers in summer.
Free P&P for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Known for its colourful foliage, Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is a semi evergreen shrub with golden-yellow variegation on the young leaves. The golden leaf colour is most vivid when planted in a warm, sunny position and the older leaves gradually turn pale and then dark green.
Masses of small and long lasting, pale pink, trumpet-shaped flowers appear on the branches in summer. Ideal for growing against a wall or fence in a sunny, warm garden.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' may require protection in very cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - October
- Flower Colour: Pale pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' grows to be a small or medium sized, rounded, densely branching shrub.
- Height: eventually up to 1.5 m (5 ft) / or up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: eventually 2 m (6 ft) / or up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is semi-evergreen and may keep its leaves throughout mild winters. In colder winters the leaves will fall.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Scented, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
- On sale!