Hippophae rhamnoides (Woodland - bundles of 50)
Ordering a quantity of 1 = 1 bundle of 50 plants, 2 = 2 bundles of 50 plants, etc!
(Sea Buckthorn) Hippophae rhamnoides is a tall shrub or small tree which is particularly suitable for dry soils and windy sites or coastal areas.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Hippophae rhamnoides is a tall shrub or small tree which is particularly suitable for windy sites or coastal areas. It has narrow, silvery leaves and in autumn the female plants are covered with huge amounts of berries. Over time they will sucker and spread in most areas.
They are suitable for planting as a shelter belt or windbreak in coastal areas and for adding interest to a native wood.
Please be aware that these are seed grown, mixed sex plants. We cannot guarantee numbers of male or female!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Hippophae rhamnoides grows to be a large shrub or small branching tree.
- Height: approx 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Screening/Hedge, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like