Carpinus betulus (Bundles of 50)
Ordering a quantity of 1 = 1 bundle of 50 plants, 2 = 2 bundles of 50 plants, etc!
A sturdy deciduous tree, Carpinus betulus is very hardy with deeply veined green leaves which turn an attractive yellow in autumn before falling.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A sturdy deciduous tree, Carpinus betulus is very hardy with deeply veined green leaves which turn an attractive yellow in autumn before falling. Although they an attractive specimen tree, it is more often used to create thick, dense hedges and can be pruned regularly to shape. A good plant for providing a habitat for wildlife.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Tall branching tree.
- Height: 25 m (82 ft).
- Spread: 20 m (65 ft).
- Notes: Available from late November to February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Screening/Hedge
You might also like