(Stinking Hellebore) A compact evergreen perennial, Helleborus foetidus has finely divided leaves and nodding lime-green flowers in late winter and spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A compact evergreen perennial, Helleborus foetidus has finely divided leaves and nodding lime-green flowers in late winter and spring. The common name comes from the leaves which are unpleasantly aromatic if crushed.
Excellent choice of plant for a shady border or for underneath trees and tall shrubs.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soils preferring alkaline or neutral. Plant with plenty of organic matter.
- Hardiness: Hardy..
- Flowering Period: Feb - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring