(Stinking Hellebore) A compact evergreen perennial, Helleborus foetidus has finely divided leaves and nodding lime-green flowers in late winter and spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A compact evergreen perennial, Helleborus foetidus has finely divided leaves and nodding lime-green flowers in late winter and spring. The common name comes from the leaves which are unpleasantly aromatic if crushed.
Excellent choice of plant for a shady border or for underneath trees and tall shrubs.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soils preferring alkaline or neutral. Plant with plenty of organic matter.
- Hardiness: Hardy..
- Flowering Period: Feb - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)