Prunus cerasus 'Morello'
(Cherry Tree - Cooking) A delightful, self-fertile tree, Cherry 'Morello' produces large crops of culinary cherries which are ideal for use in cooking, making tarts and jam.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A delightful, self-fertile tree, Prunus 'Morello' produces large crops of culinary cherries which are ideal for use in cooking, making tarts and jam. The fruit are bright red, darkening to black/purple when fully ripe.
These are on a colt rootstock and will grow into garden small trees.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be picked in late summer. It can be frozen and used later in the year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible
You might also like