Prunus cerasus 'Morello'
(Cherry Tree - Cooking) A delightful, self-fertile tree, Cherry 'Morello' produces large crops of culinary cherries which are ideal for use in cooking, making tarts and jam.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A delightful, self-fertile tree, Prunus 'Morello' produces large crops of culinary cherries which are ideal for use in cooking, making tarts and jam. The fruit are bright red, darkening to black/purple when fully ripe.
These are on a colt rootstock and will grow into garden small trees.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: The fruit can be picked in late summer. It can be frozen and used later in the year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible
You might also like