Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall'
(Japanese Water Elm) New to us, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a handsome small tree with dark green serrated leaves which turn vivid shades of dark red in the autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
New to us, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a handsome small tree with dark green serrated leaves which turn vivid shades of dark red in the autumn before falling. Upright when young, established specimens develop a strong vase-shaped habit.
Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' will usually give its best display of autumn colour if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from very strong wind.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a small to medium sized tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft).
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- Notes: Despite the common name, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' is not really an elm and therefore not attacked by Dutch Elm Disease.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
You might also like