(Water Elm) A graceful, elegant tree introduced into the UK in 1861, Zelkova serrata has dark green, narrow leaves with a serrated edge and attractive autumn colour.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A graceful, elegant tree introduced into the UK in 1861, Zelkova serrata has dark green, narrow leaves with a serrated edge and attractive autumn colour. Established trees have eye-catching, flaking bark.
Growing to be a medium sized tree over time, Zelkova serrata prefers a moist fertile soil but once established can tolerate dry conditions and pollution, making it a good tree for urban areas.
- Position: Full sun or light dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Zelkova serrata is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Zelkova serrata grows to be a medium sized tree with a vase shaped habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: up to 12 m (40 ft).
- Notes: Despite the common name, Zelkova serrata is not really an elm and therefore not attacked by Dutch Elm Disease. This tree is also tolerant of atmospheric pollution and windy sites.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £20.00
New Price Each £18.50New Price Each £12.95