- Sold Out
Zelkova serrata 'Green Vase'
(Japanese Water Elm) Native to parts of Asia, Zelkova serrata 'Green Vase' has long deep green, narrow leaves with a serrated edge which turn shades of plum-purple and orange in autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
Native to parts of Asia, Zelkova serrata 'Green Vase' has long deep green, narrow leaves with a serrated edge which turn shades of plum-purple and orange in autumn. More narrow than a classic Zelkova serrata and often used as an ornamental street tree in Japan and North America, this is a rare, lovely vase-shaped tree.
Most vibrant autumn colour will usually be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Zelkova serrata 'Green Vase' is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with a vase shaped habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: up to 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: Despite the common name, Zelkova serrata 'Green Vase' is not really an elm and therefore not attacked by Dutch Elm Disease. This tree is also tolerant of atmospheric pollution and windy sites.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual