A handsome large & decideous climber, Wisteria x valderi 'Burford' has up to 30 - 40 cm long, racemes of beautiful, light lilac purple flowers in early summer once established.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome selection, Wisteria x valderi 'Burford' has up to 30 - 40 cm long, racemes of beautiful, light lilac purple flowers in early summer once established. Bright green leaves turning shades of yellow as they fall in autumn.
Reasonably vigorous, it is ideal for climbing up wires or trellis, flowering best against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Lilac purple.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria 'Burford' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria 'Burford' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer