Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama'
(Silky Wisteria) One of our favourite climbers, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' has long, pendulous raecemes of beautiful, dark violet purple flowers in early summer once established.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
One of our favourite climbers, Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' has long, pendulous raecemes of beautiful, dark violet purple flowers in early summer once established. Reasonably vigorous, it is ideal for climbing up wires or trellis against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Dark, violet blue.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large, Climber - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Rare and Unusual